Monday, April 27, 2009

Time to invent the remix (part 4)




So...April has been a busy month.



  • On the 26th I went to a book club meeting on Steve Harvey's book: "Act Like a Lady: Think Like a Man." It was good to hear people's opinion of Steve Harvey and his book. I came away with some new knowledge on how to approach dating and I will share when I host a discussion on May 3.



  • On the 21st I went to see an advanced screening of the "Soloist" , the book by Steve Lopez that inspired the current movie that stars Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr. I'm still reading the book and attended a book club meeting on it on 19th. The book club meeting was very good. I know it was bad to see the movie before finishing the book. I enjoyed the movie and think this is an Oscar-worthy performance by Foxx as Nathaniel Anthony Ayers. I have to give Robert Downey Jr some props too. I'm not a fan but he won me over temporarily with his role as Steve Lopez. So, this makes it 4-for-4 on the solo movie experiences this year with "the Curious Case of Benjamin Button," "Seven Pounds" and "Not Easily Broken," already checked off the list. I may never go to the movies with someone else again. :)



  • On the 18th I went out on a date (please hold your applause to the end...lol). It was only the second date for 2009. The first date was a one and done situation (she just wasn't into me) and the second date is dangerously close to a one and done situation (I'm just not into her due to some recent events). Also, I'm sticking to my promise to keep that number extremely low this year. I went overboard in 2008 with at least 20. Yes. Some first dates led to second dates. Fewer second dates led to third dates. And ever fewer third dates led to brief flirtations that I wouldn't even classify as relationships. All in all, it was a disappointing year after going on the offensive in the NYC metro area. However, this year I've officially changed the playbook. I'm playing defense until further notice not only because I want to win the game but I'm trying to bring home a championship. And truthfully, I hate dating and at this point in my life...she'll just have to get in where she fits in because I'm focused.



  • On the 9th...I went out to Mason Dixon with friends and we had a gender-based bullriding competition. I'll have you know the women talked so much trash that it could easily satisfy NYC's garbage output for the day but lost the competition to the men. We were promised drinks but never got them. Hmm. And they want a rematch. lol.

4 comments:

Me said...

Playin' defense for the rest of the year? C'mon man...you gotta stay in the game! So you went out on 20 dates last year, at least you were keeping busy and sociable and not becoming a hermit.

spchrist said...

@Delect...I'm still in the game...just playing defense. Like I said...I'm trying to win a championship here...and I believe you do that with defense.

Anonymous said...

Long time no type/blog!

Sherlon Christie said...

@dopelikelouboutins...Yeah...I need to get on that...been busy like I can't even explain.