Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Photo Essay (Part 2)

I needed a vacation from New Jersey so I went home to Massachusetts this past weekend. I didn't drive this time (high gas prices) so I took Greyhound from NYC to Boston. The trip was completed when I saw this sign.


Why did I go home? I hadn't seen my immediate family in five months and I hadn't see my church family in almost a year. My mother's church was having a program so I decided to come home for some good fellowship. We had a packed house.


Whenever the church has a program, we always cook food for our members and guests. We had a huge feast going for this program. What do you think of this dish?

After a long church service and eating a good meal, I just wanted to chill for a minute. I found a nice, quiet resting place in the control room on the second floor of the church.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang that's a lot of heads.

What's in the container? You could possibly want me to go outside the comfort zone and try something new!

Mrs A. said...

ok, so i need to know what the meat dish that is in the pic....is it BBQ?

Sherlon Christie said...

That is curry chicken, rice & peas and salad. A basic Jamaican dish. My mother and her girlfriends can can feed an army if they put their minds to it.

Ladynay said...

Awwwwwww someone is enjoying their digital camera...

Going home just to be home, love it!

NegroPino™ said...

I didnt know u was from Mass? are u from Boston? What church is taht?

Sherlon Christie said...

Technically, I lived in Brockton and went to Brockton High. But I'm a proud graduate of Northeastern University and my mom's church (the House of Deliverance on Washington Street) is where I spent many hours...so I really claimed Boston as my home. Besides, no one outside of Massachusetts would know where Brockton is...so I claim Boston

So...Wise...Sista said...

Ahhh, Sunday dinner. That's the equivalent of a burger and fries to you Yankees. lol
Nice pic.

LUVIN ME said...

It's good you got to see your family.

Ming Houser, Realtor said...

When will you be back in The Bean? You didn't come out at all, I see...

Sherlon Christie said...

I'm hoping for a weekend visit in May and possibly two weekend visits in June, July and August.
My 27th birthday party will be in August and I'm hoping GLee will let me use his place again!

4GOTTEN1 said...

It's always good going home.

Ming Houser, Realtor said...

I missed the last b-day blowout, so I'll have to be there this time.

journiemajor said...

Oooooh I loooooove rice & peas. I like this picture better, except your eyes are half-closed. You're gonna have to give us a big toothy smile one day!!!

Nika Laqui said...

What is it? It looks like curry goat...I been meaning to go to the Jamaican Cuisine spot but its all the way on the Southside and I'm broke, but I love Jamaican food.

I need a recipe so I can make it myself, with my broke ass.

Can you send me a recipe for that dish pictured? And if you know how to make Bammy, and Hard Dough Bread, I would greatly appreciate the recipe....

Nika Laqui said...

I'm hungry now....and I want that!!!

Nika Laqui said...

I just came back to look at the food....*lol*

Sherlon Christie said...

@nsane lee sane.... LOL.