The words any man dreads from an ex-girlfriend, ex-lover or ex-wife, I think "YOU ARE THE FATHER" of my child (and no...I'm not making a confession).
The phrase can make a man's heart stop (briefly) and cause a rush of emotions. I have no problem with a woman doing everything to find the father of her child. But as I watched the Maury Povich show today, something struck me.
The women on the show had been unsuccessful 5, 8 and 11 times, respectively, on their previous attempts to find the father of their children. The woman that was there for the 12th time said she's been searching for her child's father for SIX YEARS.
That's where I have a problem.
Six years is too long.
No man (or child for that matter) should be in limbo for that long. It is not fair to him, it certaintly is not fair for the child that has missed out on a father for SIX YEARS. I understand there are plenty of deadbeat dads and some very unworthy fathers out there, but that doesn't mean EVERY MAN in the United States is that way. So, that excuse doesn't hold any weight with me.
Someday, I want to be a father. Let me say that again. One day, I will be a father and I plan on having a child in a healthy two-parent home. I commend all the single-mother households (and some single-father households to a smaller extent) but it is easier with two brains, two paychecks and four arms to love a child.
Period.
That's why I think there should be a law (forgive my ignorance if one already exists) that establishes a statue of limitations on testing for paternity. I propose three years (and that's strictly my opinion) because if a woman needs longer than 3 YEARS to determine the father of her child then I strongly suggest a refreshing course on the birds and the bees.
So, as Maury kept reading, "YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER," as the men stood up and thumped their chests and blurted expletives to their female accusers as the women kept running backstage to cry away from the camera, I started to think what is wrong with people these days?
I can only shake my head.
11 comments:
I cannot believe that you were watching Maury Povich. That show in my opinion is worst than Springer, if all journalists have a downfall, I pray to God mine isn't like Povich's. Well, Povich joins Rita Cosby and Geraldo Rivera on my do not imitate list.
It was my day off...I was bored and I was flipping through the channels.
LoL I agree I can't believe you were watching Povich, I get on my twin sister about that mess. But anywho I digress. I can see you as a father it would be Bill Cosby on "The Cosby Show" meets Bernie Mac on "Bernie Mac" meet's Steve Martin in "Father of The Bride", basically it'd all be too funny, but at the end of the day the world would see you as a loving and caring father. LoL if you screw the kids up too much, there'll be enough of us experienced in childcare around, to help save them HaHa.
There should never be a statue of limitations on how long a child has to find out who their real father is. That wouldn't solve any problems. That's making the child pay for the mother's mistakes and that should never happen. Otherwise, I agree with you about everything else :)
Gotta agree with anonymous. Why the phuck were you watching Maury Povich?
And two, you actually beleive what goes down on Maury is true? What type of bullshit detector are you?
A statute of limitations for paternity testing? Please. Sherlon, that makes no sense. What if you were adopted and your mother never bothered to tell the hospital your father's name? What if you were a test tube baby and some shit got mixed up? What if you find your real dad after you thought he was missing for 25 years and he wants to adopt you? You're not being practical, Sherlon. Not all paternity tests are taken because the woman was some freak-nasty ho who went around phucking everything in sight. And trust me, if the situation was reversed, there'd be plenty of pregnant ho-ass men who wouldn't be able to tell who their baby mammas were, either.
oh we've gotten on my favorite topic.
i LOVE paternity test talk shows!!!! especially the ones where she swears she hasn't been with anybody else and then dude is NOT the father.
LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
As far as I know there is no SOL on paternity testing. But in most states the non-custodial parent is not responsible for CHILD SUPPORT after the child becomes a legal adult, sometimes at sixteen or eighteen, in some cases twenty-one. Men who dont want to take paternity tests are just trying to dodge paying child support. But from an emotional standpoint every child wants to know who her parents are, even if they are dead, absent or criminals. There are even some sperm banks on the West Coast that will reveal the identity of the donor to the child after s/he reaches legal age (with consent of all parties). Those chest thumpers were thumping because they didnt get "caught" THIS TIME. But I agree with Dynasty, not tracking down the father only penalizes the child, and she didnt ask to be born. Some of these thumpers will wish they were related to these children one day. Shaq's natural father, Halle Berry's natural father, and Fantasia's babydaddy, probably cry themselves to sleep EVERY NIGHT...LOL
I'm strictly talking about a woman that doesn't know who the father of her child is...and not any other scenario!
Sherlon, I agree with you on most things but a limitation on paternity------no! That's not the answer.
Well...I guess this is my opinon (albeit...not a popular one)
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP terms conditions needed affiliate program Battery blackberry charger pda yoga pilates nanaimo bc Cvs online pharmacy weight loss pill Transexual personal pages treat depression wellbutrin Tennis player won french open in 1992 hard drives 2005 toyota matrix standard features ugg handbags buy protonix online viagra c.o.d. brand name woman who take viagra Owners manual 7130e blackberry lasik nude women jogging window washers communication
Post a Comment